There was the Sexy Tanaka-san controversy where the original author apparently killed herself due to the numerous changes that the producers made to the live-action work.
And why do we mention the Sexy Tanaka-san controversy? Well, in case you didn’t know, Kanojo Okarishimasu also has a live-action film, and the author of the series, Reiji Miyajima, couldn’t choose a better time than now to thank him on Twitter for the live-action of his work.
The post in question by the author of Kanojo Okarishimasu was received very negatively with many highlighting that the live-action adaptation of his manga is a total failure.
Amid the Sexy Tanaka-san controversy, Reiji Miyajima thanks Kanojo Okarishimasu’s live-action film
On Twitter, the author of Kanojo Okarishimasu Reiji Miyajima says the following:
”I drew this illustration because I suddenly wanted to express my gratitude. There is sad news, but I can only be grateful that everyone knows about my work by every means possible and that they are excited about it! Thank you for your continued support”
— 宮島礼吏 Reiji Miyajima (@Miyajimareiji) February 3, 2024
His post generated controversy, attracting a lot of negative criticism to the author of Kanojo Okarishimasu. Check out some online comments below:
- Is this the kind of world where we can’t even tell the truth, even when assigned to such garbage from Johnny’s?
- Summary: “I want lots of money, so, welcome to the live-action adaptation.”
- Have Shueisha and Kodansha faced issues like this before? There are plenty of awful adaptations out there.
- Is this what they’re saying now…
- “We appreciate the people who are grateful!”
- It’s sad that this doesn’t turn into a two-way discussion.
- Making a drama based solely on the original work would be a win-win for everyone.
- There are authors who desire adaptations, and it may even help them become more famous. I’m not denying that. The problem arises when there are unwanted adaptations, unsolicited alterations to the original work. Making posts that seem to support the trend of belittling the original authors doesn’t make sense.
- Just because the author’s wishes aren’t met, suddenly people start blaming the entire media mix, calling those who write scripts for original works incompetent. The conversation quickly shifts.
As we can see, Reiji Miyajima attracts attention in the most varied ways possible, giving him a huge bad reputation in the industry.
Read More on Crazy for Anime Trivia
- Apparently Fate Go used AI in CM animation
- Some Japanese Otaku says Current Anime is Made to Please Foreigners
- Author of Rent a Girlfriend Jealous of Chizuru with Fan?