A recent survey found that 90% of Bald men have more difficulty finding job in Japan. A company specializing in hair loss surveyed 341 adult men and women between the ages of 20 and 60 to find out whether hair loss influences the hiring process.
Bald men have more difficulty finding job in Japan?
Recruiters were shown AI-generated images of male candidates with the same characteristics, with normal, thinning hair. About 90% of people in their teens to 30s, 86.8% in their 40s and 75% in their 50s tend to avoid applicants with fine hair.
When asked if appearances influence the value they see in potential employees, 49% strongly agreed and 44.3% agreed, bringing the total to 93.3%:
When asked if appearances have already influenced the hiring of people with similar skills and experience, 85.9% admitted yes and 14.1% said no:
In the third, they asked recruiters how much it influenced them to hire candidates if they were bald. While just 1.8% said it was a big influence, another 16.7% said it didn’t influence their decision, for a total of 18.5% who admitted that a bald appearance would influence their hiring decision.
On the other hand, 31.1% said it doesn’t influence them much and 24.9% said it doesn’t influence them at all. An undecided 25.5% was the ”neither” answer:
And finally, the graph showing that bald men have more difficulty finding work in Japan:
As you can see, most age groups prefer to hire a candidate with full hair rather than a bald man.
No wonder Saitama has certain difficulties in One Punch Man to make his work easier.
Read More on Crazy for Anime Trivia
- More foreigners are visiting Japan in search of anime articles
- Japanese Otakus Fighting over American Cartoons
- Woman stabs Man and Japanese compare her photo online with the real one